Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- I confirm that this submission has not been published or submitted elsewhere.
- I have read the Submission Guidelines and confirm that the text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in these guidelines and that the submission does not exceed the maximum article length (exact length depending on the section you submit to).
- I have removed all identifying information (e.g. names, biographies, acknowledgments) about the article’s authors from the manuscript to ensure a double-blind review process. See Ensuring a Blind Review for more details. (Applies to submissions to section Current Research only)
- Alongside with my manuscript I am submitting a separate document which includes the title of the article, the name of the author(s), an author info (1-2 sentences including affiliation, research interests, email address) as well as depending on the section to submit to: an abstract (maximum 200 words).
- As my manuscript I am submitting a Word document (.doc or .docx) and provide figures, pictures etc. as separate files.
- In case of submitting photos, diagrams or other images intended for publication I ensure that I dispose of all necessary copyrights and these items do not violate any other rights of third parties. In case of submitting interviews I ensure that I have obtained authorization for publication in the submitted form by the interviewed person. (Please check also if you do not submit images or interviews)
- I confirm that the manuscript meets scientific English language standards. A native speaker proofread the manuscript.
- I am aware of and consent to the journal's Publishing Ethics.
- Our editorial systems sends out notification emails automatically. Some email clients or programs falsely treat these emails as SPAM. So please make sure to check your SPAM folder at regular intervals or whitelist our email adress firstname.lastname@example.org not to miss any emails.
- The submission process is two-fold. After having registered, my data will be approved by the editorial team within approximately 24 hours. Upon approval, I will receive an e-mail with my login details and can then make my submission.
- Herewith, I confirm that I have not submitted any further current research article for consideration for publication to this journal at the time being.
Current Research on Southeast Asia
Current Research on Southeast Asia refers to scholarly articles that meet high scientific standards. The quality and relevance of submissions is guaranteed by a twofold double-blind peer review process.
Submissions should include an abstract of maximum 250 words, 5 keywords, and a short bio of max. 100 words. Length of articles should not exceed 7,000 words (excluding title, abstract, keywords, references, & bio).
The section Research Workshop offers space for reports about ongoing research projects or field studies. Submissions are checked and commented by the editorial board. Length of submissions should not exceed 3,000 words (excluding title, abstract, keywords, references, and bio).
The section In Dialogue with South-East Asia experts (scientists, representatives, NGO-workers, activists etc.) covers various current topics in form of interviews. Length of submission should not exceed 3,000 words (excluding title, keywords, abstract, references, and bio). Please provide an abstract with a maximum of 250 words including the date and place of interview, the interviewee's affiliation and a short summary of the most important topics.
Network Southeast Asia
The section Network Southeast Asia aims at introducing academic and independent research institutions, reviewing and reporting on workshops, or announcing and summarising conferences. Length of submissions should not exceed 1,500 words (excluding references and bio).
Book Reviews shall give an overview and a critical assessment on latest publications of international South-East Asian research. Length of submission should not exceed 1,500 words (excluding references and bio).
Articles published before December 2019 are licensed under the following Creative Commons License: Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported. Articles published after that date are licensed under the following Creative Commons License: Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 4.0 International.
- The names and contact details entered in this editorial system will be used for the purposes of the production and publication of ASEAS only (i.e. processing submissions, organizing reviews, managing revised versions, etc.).
- Registered users to this editorial system (i.e. submitting authors, reviewers, copyeditors, proofreaders, etc.) will be additionally registered for the SEAS email newsletter which informs subscribers about current ASEAS Call for Papers, the release of new issues, and similar information. Newsletter recipients can easily unsubscribe from this newsletter by clicking on the unsubscribe button which is included in the bottom of each email newsletter.
- No personal data will be used for any other purpose other than the above-mentioned.
- All subscribed users have the option to inform the editors of ASEAS of their wish to delete all their personal contact details and data. The editors will comply with this demand as soon as the issue the affected users have participated in has been completed.